It is our experience that every couple has different needs, preferences and time schedules but everyone has the ability to be a good dancer with enough time. Wouldn’t it be great to have the romance of dancing for the rest of your lives together! We can put something together that is uniquely yours.
If a couple is planning to get married, here are a few TIPS from the experts on learning to dance for their big day:
- Don’t wait until the last minute. Remember that the schedule will get very hectic as the wedding day approaches. Dance instructors recommend starting four to six months earlier to allow more time for practice, especially if our students are newcomers to dancing.
- It’s OK if you haven’t chosen a song. On your very first lesson, we will introduce you to the main dances most couples use. We can help make suggestions depending on which dance you like and do the best. If you already have a song chosen, bring it with you!
- Be patient when learning. Dancing is a great stress reliever, and a fun date night; so don’t put too much pressure on each other.
- Don’t try to teach your fiance’. You’ll both have a lot more fun dancing if you let your instructor do the teaching.
- Practice in the right shoes. Wear shoes to your lessons that are similar to the ones you’ll be wearing on the big day.
- Be consistent with your appointments. The more often you come in, the less review there will be in each lesson. Plan at least once a week to get the most from your lessons.
- Use the classes & practices when possible. Everyone feels most comfortable with a private lesson, but the classes and parties will be closer to what the rest of your reception will be like, and the teachers will be there to help!
- Learning to dance for a wedding is a special gift that you and your spouse-to-be can give to each other. A couple who feels confident and poised when they dance together will ensure that their very first dance together as wife and husband will be a memory they will cherish forever.
Call To Schedule Your First Lesson Today!!
Things You May Want To Know For Your First Lesson:
- What kind of music will you have at the wedding?
- Will a band or DJ play your first song?
- Will you have Mother/Son, Father/Daughter or bridal party dances?
- Will your honeymoon have dancing? (Latin/Tropical getaway, Cruise, etc.)
- What is the size of the dance floor at your reception?
- How many other weddings will you attend this year?
Possible First Dances:
- Almost Paradise
- Can You Feel the Love Tonight
- Could I have this Dance
- How Sweet it is to be Loved by You
- Crazy for You
- Don’t Know Much
- Endless Love
- Fields of Gold
- Fly Me to the Moon
- Forever and Ever Amen
- Groovy Kind of Love
- Have You Really Ever Loved a Woman
- Here and Now
- I Just Called to Say I Love You
- I Get a Kick Out of You
- I Swear
- I’ll Always Love You
- In Your Eyes
- It Had to be You
- I’ve Got You Under My Skin
- My Girl
- Night & Day
- Our Love is Here to Stay
- Someone to Watch Over Me
- Stand By Me